Monday, October 10, 2011

Jonathon Mayo: Zack Wheeler is the top prospect in Mets Farm System

According to Jonathan Mayo of MiLB.com, Zack Wheeler is now the New York Mets top prospect in the minors. Following him on the list are SS Wilmer Flores, RHP Matt Harvey, OF Cesar Puello, OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis, OF Cory Vaughn, RHP Jeurys Famila, 2B Reese Havens, 2B Jordany Valdespin and 3B Jefry Marte.


Zack Wheeler, 2009 first-round Draft pick, posted a 2.00 ERA over six starts for St. Lucie Mets in the Florida State League following the trade. "I feel like I handled everything pretty well," Wheeler said. "It kind of caught me by surprise. I knew it might be coming, but when you get traded, it's still a surprise.
"I think it gives me a better opportunity. Everybody welcomed me over here. They just stood back and observed me. I just pitched like I normally would."

Mets Top 10 Prospects from beginning and end of 2011 season.

No.PreseasonPostseason
1.Wilmer Flores, SSZack Wheeler, RHP
2.Matt Harvey, RHPHarvey
3.Cesar Puello, OFFamilia
4.Kirk Nieuwenhuis, OFFlores
5.Lucas Duda, OF/1BNieuwenhuis
6.Reese Havens, 2BVaughn
7.Cory Vaughn, OFPuello
8.Jeurys Familia, RHPValdespin
9.Jordany Valdespin, SSHavens
10.Juan Urbina, RHPJefry Marte

No comments:

Post a Comment