Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mets Pitchers and Catchers Report in 11 Days

With only 11 days until pitchers and catchers report for the New York Mets, Who are we most excited to see in the Spring Training this year? For me, I personally want to see Johan Santana get back to his old form and hopefully Mike Pelfrey gets back to his 2010 first half self. With the absence of SS Jose Reyes and OF Carlos Beltran, I am pretty curious to see how this team will mesh with its current core of players.

I see David Wright, Ike Davis and Lucas Duda as the new core of the team. I for one am expecting big contributions from this trio. I also am expecting Jason Bay to get his money's worth and actually put up some quality numbers (ie: 15-20 homeruns 85-90 RBIs). This is going to be an intriguing 2012 season for the New York Mets and I am hoping they can get on the right track to start their 2012 campaign.

With the recently additions to the bullpen via Free Agency and trades, the Mets look to have strengthen there bullpen in hopes to minimize the blown saves from a year ago. With this said, they are hoping to get quality starts from their rotation, especially with Johan Santana back into the fold. I person hope the Mets can put on a strong 2012 campaign and make a run at a possible post-season. Is a post-season to much to ask for from this New York Team? Answer - Probably, but like the old saying, "Ya Gotta Believe"

Follow NY Mets GM Sander Alderson on Twitter - @MetsGM

No comments:

Post a Comment