Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jose Reyes Official Introduced as Miami Marlin

Jose Reyes officially became a Miami Marlin today in a press conference to introduce the new shortstop to the Marlins fans. Reyes who signed a 6-year, $106 million contract with an option for 2018 spoke to the media during his introduction interview. "I always said I wanted to stay in New York, but that don't happen," Reyes said. "Like I said, I need to move on. They don't offer anything really. They don't make a real offer. They don't want me there. Like I said, I need to move on. I'm not part of the New York Mets anymore. I thank them for giving me the opportunity to play in this game, but now it's all about the Miami Marlins."

Sad to see Jose Reyes in a Marlins uniform and the fact that he is now with a division rival. But nonetheless we as Mets fans can only wish the best for him and his success. Granted he is with a bitter rival but the Mets never even attempted to give Reyes the opportunity to come back to the only team he has ever played for. Signing a contract with the New York Mets at the age of 16, Reyes was a bright young star and we watched him develop into the player he is today. Business is business now a days in the world of Major League Baseball and Reyes did what he felt was good for him and his family. April 24, 2012 will be the first time we see Jose Reyes in a different uniform playing shortstop for the opposing team. I'm pretty sure a lot of Mets fans will be in attendance to either cheer, boo or just watch Reyes be Reyes.

The New York Mets have been told they will receive the Marlins 2nd round pick in the 2012 draft, not a 3rd rounder they thought they were getting as compensation for Reyes signing with Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment